Monday, March 26, 2007

Something that makes me VERY happy

The independent music station Woxy.com. Mike and Shiv over there are the pulse of independent music and when the station went down late last year I spent a week in serious mourning, telling everyone I know how terrible it is to be without a Creed-less radio station that also was not a soulless feed such as XM online, nor was it run by a bunch of kids at a college radio with terrible production.

Thankfully Woxy returned and here's hoping their new financial model with partner Lala.com works.

And in turn, here are some of my current favorite bands.
  • We Are Scientists - when are they going to be headlining?? Buy this album. Buy it twice.

  • Bon Savants - (site link...I love it) spanking new band outta Boston, and the lyrics are soaked in the lead singer's to-die-for voice

  • Silversun Pickups - stinks of a Saturday afternoon buzz, watching the sun set into the Pacific, after a long surfing day

  • Lily Allen - Brit spunk, very clevah (to quote Erykah Badu) lyrics

  • Built to Spill - rock and roll. Awesome. Out of Boise. Every time I play them people want a copy

  • The Hold Steady - my current favorite. Makes me want my teenage years again, this time with sense

  • Band of Horses - out of So Carolina. Haunting in some songs.

And finally, my buddy from San Diego who is in The High Rolling Loners. We took an hour drive to go see them and it was definitely worth it. Great alt.country/country and western/Waylon Jennings-styled stuff.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,

I found your name on Linked-in and saw that you have an interest in music.

I'm a recruiter, trying to hire a customer service person for a software company that develops music composition software. The person needs to be fluent with the MS Office suite and good on the phone. Starting salary is up to 30K. It's a cool environment with a growing company. Who do you know that might want to put their music knowledge to work full time? Contact info follows.
Thanks,
Susan Vanhoy
svanhoy@dedicatedpr.com
(336) 777-3467